Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nine (or Ten) Toes

Tyler has LITERALLY been talking about our 1yr anniversary for 11 months.  As we near the big day (Sunday) she's reached a fever pitch.  A few minutes ago I received this brief communique (no preamble):

As part of our ANNIVERSARY weekend celebrationssss (that's THIS WEEEKEND), I propose we go to Blue Ridge Grill on Saturday night for drinks and a light dinner. I mean, that restaurant IS a foundational element in our relationship journey. Thoughts?



Also: what did you get me for a present? You can tell me, I won't tell anyone.

It's almost like we're reaching some kind of milestone. Normally, I would insert a photo montage of some kind to illustrate our 12 short months of marriage, but I'm not. Instead, let me take this opportunity to remind you: Tyler has a webbed toe:




so she can't wear toe-shoes.

Thanks everyone for your last 12 months of patronage.  Here's to Year Two.

Jimmy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to the both of you. One year down and lots more to go. For your 25th, take her to Ireland. Your great grandfather was Irish and it is said that "if you have one drop of Irish blood, you will always be Irish."


I am of Ireland,
And the Holy Land of Ireland,
And time runs on,’ cried she.
“Come out of charity
And dance with me in Ireland.’
~W. B. Yeats, from The Winding Stair and Other Poems

Unknown said...

Congrats on a wonderful first year! You've got yourself a wonderful match! I always love the silly stories you post about the two of you and also love Tyler's sly comebacks...smart girl ;)

--Kelly