Monday, October 07, 2013

One Funny Thing

A number of funny things have happened to me lately: I had a kid, I've seen a great deal of breast pumping first-hand - which is hysterical; I had a 3-yr anniversary; and I saw a big lady fall down in a parking lot and nobody saw it but me. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Some not-at-all-funny things have happened too: I realized that one day I'm going to die - which is infuriating; I invented something amazing late one night, then fell asleep and forgot what it was; I tore the bottom off my favorite pair of boots; and I got a wart on my thumb. The wart is gone, so are the boots.

So, that's the update on what's funny and what's not.

In the midst of all that, I bought a new truck (don't worry - I kept the old one), Tripp found a nanny, I placed #52 out of about 300 people in my bass fishing tournament season; and I used something expensive of my Uncle Buster's (Tractor) and John's (Trailer) without completely destroying either of them; which is a huge personal victory. Don't get me wrong, I definitely broke SOME of the things on each item, but I didn't break ALL of the things, or render them totally inoperable - so I consider it a win.

I don't know why I haven't written much this year - except that I never have been 100% committed to the idea that anybody cares what I think; and I'm occupied with a 4 month old who, so far, doesn't hate me.

So, "sorry about that", or - "you're welcome", depending on how you feel about it.

One day maybe I'll write a book. In the meantime: here's this:






5 comments:

Maggie said...

Please write more.

Maggie said...

Please write more...

Anonymous said...

I think it's called "real life" and "having a baby" that's stopped the profligacy :-) and although I personally LOVE reading everything you write, I also think it's fantastic that you're having so much love fun laughter and random machinery destruction in your life that you're too busy fishcovering (recovery fishing, to coin my uncle's phrase) to have as many blog entries as in previous years. but rest assured - we *are* interested in your thoughts, because you're you! all the best to tripp III et al :-) -astrid

The View From My Porch said...

What Maggie said. I read your blog and sometimes share it with others when it is particularly funny. :) It is often particularly funny. However, little ones can take the energy, time and focus right out of you. They are so demanding! :) Can't wait to meet him and see you and the fam again...someday. You three should roadtrip to AL.

Unknown said...

I miss your posts...maybe since you are busy, you could incorporate some "guest bloggers"...you know, some friends and family to make an appearance every once in awhile : )