Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Sometimes You Just Know

When I was little Mom told me that on a lovely spring day years before; she was seated in the garden outside her college sorority house when Mom felt Dad, who was standing behind her, lean gently in as if to whisper in her ear. She thought to herself "what lovely thing will he say to me next?"

Dad said: "Jenny, I think you've got a bald spot."

Mom, horrified, turned to him and said "Have you lost your mind?"

I guess with such forebears it is no great surprise that I managed to marry someone who interrupts my work day to relate such as the following:

Tyler: My friend asked me this afternoon how I knew you were the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I told her you had a flat-screen TV with DVR and that was it! I knew you were the one.

No comments: