Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Sweet, Sweet, Des Moines

The interesting thing about Des Moines is……. The airport. Because as far as I can tell it doesn't have air conditioning and it smells like a hospital would smell if hospitals admitted farm animals.

While in Iowa a few months ago I also noticed a stunning lack of racial diversity of any kind and an unbelievable number of pregnant women. And twins. Lots of twins. And milk. Everyone drinks milk. I had to convince my waiter at the restaurant that "No, I really do NOT want any milk. No, seriously. I mean it. Get that milk away from me."

I cant quite grasp it, but I'm almost certain that there is a milk/twins/pregnancy link that I haven't quite figured out yet.

I think I heard they're attributing the airport AC shutdown to a cow that got sucked into its air intake. I guess that’s what you get for parking your airport in the middle of a cornfield.

Moo.

JGE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's go easy on my Iowa relatives. Ya know half my fam rears from Iowa, that is after they got there from Germany, Scotland and .... enough of that. Anyway, for the kids the winters are long, cold and dark. Not alot to do. Andy B